Skip Main Navigation

International Transcripts Evaluation

Do you need to evaluate your foreign transcripts?

Do you want to pursue more education?

  • Consider what school you would like to attend.
  • Once you know which college or university you want to apply to, contact those schools directly and ask what type of evaluation they need.
  • You should also ask which evaluation organizations the school wants you to use.


Do you need it to apply for employment?

  • For employment purposes, a general, less detailed evaluation may be all that is needed.
  • If you know where you will be applying, it is always a good idea to ask what they need from you.
  • These questions can usually be directed to the Human Resources department of the company or organization where you are applying.


Do you need an evaluation for US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)?

  • It is important you find out if the agency and evaluation you are requesting satisfies the USCIS requirements.


Do you need an evaluation in order to apply for a professional license?

  • For licensing services, there is no single credential evaluation. These are regulated by state licensing boards for each licensed occupation.
  • Individuals who want a license need to contact the licensing board to avoid unnecessary costs and procedures. In their website it explains the licensing process for foreign-educated individuals.
  • For specific careers and disciplines see your Counselor.


Foreign Credential Evaluation is how your academic and professional degrees earned in one country are compared to those earned in another country. The information evaluated of the individual education helps to be understood by the U.S educational system.

There are different types of evaluations available. Depending on the purpose of the evaluation, agencies will review your degree and convert them to the U.S. education system for purposes of studying or working in the United States.

Fee varies depending on details of the evaluation.

The following agencies are approved by MSJC from the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (Please be sure to visit the website regularly to check the updated status of NACES members)

A2Z Evaluations, LLC
216 F Street, #29
Davis, CA 95617, USA

Phone: 530-400-9266


Educational Records Evaluation Service, Inc.
2480 Hilborn Rd, Suite 106
Fairland, CA 94534, USA

Toll Free Phone: 866 411- ERES


Center for Applied Research, Evaluations, & Education, Inc.
P.O. Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817, USA

Phone: (714) 237-9272


International Education Research Foundation, Inc. (IERF)
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665, USA

Phone: (310) 258-9451


Global Services Associates, Inc.
409 North Pacific Coast Highway, # 393
Redondo Beach, CA 90277 USA

Phone: (310) 828-5709