Skip Main Navigation

Tax Form 1098-T Information

MSJC distributes 1098-T forms online in individual student accounts via Self-Service or by mail to all students who have a valid tax identification number on file. For individuals, this is your social security number. This form is used to claim a tax credit for higher education. Each student's 1098-T form will be available January 31. You can use the links below for information about the 1098-T form. Mt. San Jacinto College District cannot answer tax questions or offer tax advice. Please refer to your tax professional. You will not receive a 1098-T form if your tuition fees were waived by a California College Promise Grant or a K-12 fee waiver.

Help MSJC Go Green!  Get Your 1098-T Tax Form Online by Choosing Electronic Delivery:
  1. Go to and login;
  2. Choose the Electronic Delivery option;
  3. Click Submit.

** Consent choices/changes must be made by January 15 for the previous year’s tax forms **

To Access Your 1098-T Information:

Go to and login.

Forgot your User Id and password?  Instructions to find your User ID and password, go to  and click on What is my User ID and college ID?


The 1098-T is an informational statement letting you know what information has been sent to the IRS. A 1098-T is available to each student who was billed for or received a refund for college-credit classes held in the previous year. MSJC is required by the IRS to issue 1098-Ts.

It is up to each taxpayer to determine eligibility for the credits and how to calculate them. MSJC cannot advise you on how to claim the credit.

How Do I Get Additional Information?

Questions concerning the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Tax Credits may be directed to your tax advisor or your local IRS office.

The 1098-T information is available for students to access on demand via their Self-Service account. For additional assistance, call the MSJC 1098-T information line: 951-801-6875.  Leave your name, Student ID, and question for a call back concerning your 1098-T. Or email


Education Credits--AOTC and LLC

Tax Benefits for Higher Education 


Updating Personal Information

Address changes are done online on the “User Profile” page in MSJC’s Self-Service. If you need to change your social security number, you will need to bring in your original social security card and complete an update form in the Enrollment Services Office. This may be done at either the Menifee Valley Campus, San Jacinto Campus, Temecula Education Complex, or San Gorgonio Pass Campus. Proof of identification will be required for any transaction.


Requesting a Duplicate Copy

To request a duplicate copy of your 1098-T, simply log in to your Self-Service account and reprint your information.  Students can go to the Eagle Access Centers at any campus site for assistance or to print their form.