Skip Main Navigation

Basic Needs Resources

Help Us, Help You!

Please take our Basic Needs survey; check your student email for the link. 

With Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)  from the U.S. Department of Education authorized by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES or HEERF I) and continued through the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA or HEERF II) and the American Rescue Plan (ARP or HEERF III), the Mt. San Jacinto Community College District (MSJC) continues to distribute emergency aid to students enrolled in classes at any of Mt. San Jacinto College's campuses and whose lives have been disrupted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. 


Any student enrolled at MSJC on or after March 13, 2020, the declared date of the pandemic, is eligible to apply for emergency aid. Students with the greatest financial need are given priority; however, students do not need to be eligible for federal financial aid to qualify. Any student, regardless of citizenship, income, and enrollment status, including undocumented and international students, may complete and submit an application. 

Emergency funding can be requested to cover expenses related to the disruption of campus operation due to COVID-19 and includes, but is not limited to, eligible expenses related to, housing, food, technology, supplies, transportation, fees, dependent care, tuition, health care, and other miscellaneous expenses. 


HEERF funds will be distributed based on U.S. Department of Education eligibility criteria and need. The application​ will guide the institution in determining awards. Only students who submit an application and demonstrate a COVID-19 related need will be eligible for monies. 

Funds are limited.​ Award amounts vary based on student needs with a maximum award of $3,000. 


Processing and verification of submitted applications will take approximately 3-4 weeks.


Apply Now

For questions, contact the Mt. San Jacinto College Financial Aid office 

If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency or fear for your safely, call 911.

Additionally, 211 is a vital service that connects millions of people to help every year. To get expert, caring help, simply call 211 today or visit

Lifeline Chat is a service of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, connecting individuals with counselors for emotional support and other services via web chat.

Alternatives to Domestic Violence provides services to victims of domestic violence & their families in Riverside, Perris, Moreno Valley, Hemet, Lake Elsinore

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888

National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673

National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233

Food 4 Thought

MSJC is committed to helping food insecure students by offering food pantries on campus.  Please contact us at 



CalFresh benefits can help buy nutritious foods for a better diet. CalFresh benefits stretch food budgets, allowing individuals and families to afford nutritious food, including more fruit, vegetables and other healthy foods.


Interested in applying for CalFresh? Students and their families can still apply! Receive money every month to buy groceries.

Apply now at or call 1-877-847-3663 (FOOD)


Local Food Pantries

Valley Community Pantry 
191 Columbia St.
Hemet, CA 
(951) 929-1101
Food distributions: Monday- Thursday 9:30am-12:30pm

Menifee Valley Cupboard 
26808 Cherry Hills Blvd.
Menifee, CA
(951) 301-4414
Menifee Residents only

Community Food Pantry of Murrieta 
39493 Los Alamos Rd., Suite A
Murrieta, CA
(951) 677-6347

Homeland Food Pantry
31371 Highway 74
Homeland, CA
(951) 926-1345
Distributions: Saturday 9am-11am

HELP, Inc. 
53 S. 6th St.
Banning, CA
(951) 922-2305
Distributions: Monday-Thursday 9am-1pm


Homeless Shelters etc.

Project Touch - (951) 677-9661
Menifee, CA

Valley Restart Shelter - (951) 766-7476
Hemet, CA

Housing Assistance

Housing Authority of Riverside County - (951) 351-0700
5555 Arlington Ave. 
Riverside, CA 

Utility Assistance

Utility Assistance Program - Community Action Partnership (CAP) Riverside 

IEHP offers no-cost or low-cost health care coverage for low-income adults, families with children, seniors, and people with disabilities.


The Student Health Center is available to assist you in maintaining your physical and mental well-being. The Center provides health services, including consultations, wellness education, mental health counseling and referrals are available to all MSJC students that pay the Student Health Center Fee. 

Phone: 951-732-7970

Schedule an Appointment - Student Health Patient Portal


Crisis Text Line - text “Home” to 741741 for Mental Health Crises


Riverside County Mental Health Urgent Care - 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Care Centers


The Trevor Project - Saving Young LGBTQ Lives