Getting Started | International Students
Menifee, CA 92584
Mt. San Jacinto College is a two-year community college offering a comprehensive day and evening program of transfer, vocational, and remedial education.
The college is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the official national accrediting agency for this region.
The weather in the semiarid region is considered very pleasant. During the winter months, November-March, temperatures range from 32° F (0° C) at night to 70° F (21° C) during the daytime so students wear fairly light clothing. During the summer months, May-October, the temperature ranges from warm to very hot.
Mt. San Jacinto College does not have any on-campus housing nor do we maintain a listing of housing within the community; however, apartments are readily available and are reasonably priced.
The Department of Immigrations and Naturalization of the United States government is very concerned with the legality of F-visa students in this country. For this reason they require that the students, at the time of arrival in the US, show a valid passport as well as the I-20 form from the college he/she is planning to attend. At this time an I-94 (Arrival-Departure record) will be stapled to the passport.
Mt. San Jacinto College will accept transfer students from other institutions in the United States but prior to transfer, a student must attend the college that issued the I-20.
Admission of International Students
Requirements for Admission
- Completed the International Students Application for Admissions
- Attached recent passport photo to application
- Provided copy of visa and information pages from passport or your birth certificate
- Provided personal essay
- Provided high school transcripts or high school competition certificate
- Included application fee of $90.00(U.S. dollars, Money order or Check drawn on U.S. funds: payable to MSJC)
- Included original Statement of Sponsorship form included in packet which is signed and notarized by your U.S. sponsor whom you will be living with in the U.S. (If you are independent you do not need this)
- Provided proof of financial support: letter from the sponsors financial institution dated within 30 days of applying stating the sponsor has at least $12,000 U.S. dollars in their account for 3 consecutive months or three consecutive months bank statements
- Provided proof of TB test and other immunizations
- If applicable - Provide official TOEFL scores 450 paper based, 45 internet based, STEP Eiken test - Level 2, IELTS 4.5, or English language completion certificate.
- If transferring, provided a copy of front and back of the I-94 form, visa and information pages from passport, a copy of the front and back of the I-20 from previous school and a (letter of Transfer included in packet) from that school.
- Fall Semester is May 15
- Spring Semester is October 15
- Summer Session is March 15
Late applicants will be considered on a case by case basis
Effective Fall 2019: The nonresident/international tuition rate is $265 per unit. Nonresident students pay the nonresident tuition rate plus the resident rate of $46 per unit and a Capital Outlay Fee per unit of $30. The total cost per unit is $341.
1098-T Tax Form For International Students
Most international students are NOT eligible to claim education tax credits with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. International students who may be eligible are:
- Permanent residents
- Married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Individuals who may be claimed as a dependent by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Individuals who have been in the U.S. long enough to file federal income tax returns as a resident
For more information about eligibility, see IRS Publication 970
MSJC cannot provide tax advice. For additional information, contact your tax adviser or the IRS.
Information Translated for:
Area Web Sites
Who to Contact:
Mt. San Jacinto College
Menifee Valley Campus
28237 La Piedra Rd.
Menifee, CA 92584
San Jacinto Campus
1499 N. State St.
San Jacinto, CA 92583